We're committed to tea education and want to help you appreciate your leaves on a deeper level.
This course is for you, if:
- You've been drinking tea for some time, but still have trouble expressing flavor notes and identifying high quality teas.
- You're looking to enhance your tasting and evaluating abilities, by refining your taste vocabulary, learning which aspects are key for evaluation, etc.
- You feel overwhelmed by the information and mystique surrounding tea, and want a succinct & easy to understand guide.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Eloquently articulate flavor notes to others.
- Use your senses to get the most out of your tea tasting experiences.
- Distinguish high quality teas from the rest.
- Appreciate the terroir, cultivar, seasons and processes behind your tea leaves.
9 chapters in total, which you can watch at your own pace, and have lifetime access to. This includes a total of:
- 150+ minutes of video tutorials
- 20+ downloadable PDFs
- Optional quizzes & assignments
Additionally, as a student you will gain access to:
- A private learning community Facebook group
- Monthly open journaling time with your peers, guided by the instructor
- One-on-one tea chats with the instructor (two 30 minute calls)
Chapter 1: Offers an introduction to the five main tea categories.
Chapter 2-4: Teaches you foundational tasting & evaluating skills, which you can apply to any tea.
Chapter 5-9: Focuses on each tea category (applying the foundational skills learned in chapter 2-4) to highlight the major tea styles, and specific quality markers to look for, exemplified through side by side taste comparisons.
For a more detailed chapter breakdown, please read below.
What you'll need:
A basic familiarity with tea, and a simple brewing device (e.g. a teapot or gaiwan).
Note: If you don't have any tea or teaware at home, you can purchase them alongside the course through Teawala.
Schedule & Pricing:
This course will re-open on May 7, 2021 at the price of US $149.
There will also be an option to purchase the course with the Starter Tea Sampler & Tea Tasting Journal from Teawala for those looking to dive deeper and get the full experience. The bundle will be offered at a special price of US $165 until May 23rd, and $185 thereafter (valued at $204).
Stay in the Loop:
To stay up to date with the launch schedule, please subscribe to the Teawala Newsletter here.
You can watch the sample chapter below to get an initial taste of the course!